Below are known technical issues we are currently working to resolve. These do not impact all employers filing:

  • Report status stuck in “Submitted.”
  • Account balances not updating to reflect submitted payments.

A known technical issue is causing some wage files to process more slowly than usual. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

If you are self-employed and elected coverage your wage file may be stuck in "submitted" status. Please do not submit a payment until your wage file is "processed."

Last updated: 10/25/2019

Files stuck in “Submitted” status cleared.

Reports filed via CSV upload or manual entry that were getting stalled in “Submitted” status have been cleared. Your amount due should now be available in your account.

Last updated: 10/22/2019

I made a payment, but my balance hasn’t updated. What should I do?

There was a technical issue that was preventing balances from being updated in some accounts even after payments had been received. If you’ve made a payment and funds have cleared your bank account but you are still seeing a balance due, please do not attempt to make an additional payment. We have fixed the underlying problem but it may take some time for customer balances to update. We will contact affected customers by email, and post additional information and next steps to this page.


Other FAQs


Why am I receiving an error message that says my UBI is not in the system?

Please contact our Customer Care Team at 833-717-2273. We are addressing missing UBIs on a case-by-case basis and will need to gather additional information from you.

I am an LLC or sole proprietor. I have no employees and do not want to opt in. Do I have to report?

No, you do not have to report to us.

I am a third-party administrator – do I need a power of attorney to report for my clients?

We have activated a limited access role for TPAs (employer agents) so they may file and pay on behalf of clients. Please visit for instructions on how to link to your clients and report with limited access.

I have zero wages or zero hours to report. Do I have to do anything?

No, you do not need to report to us.

Employer account FAQs

Registering your account | Reporting | Payments | Account maintenance

Registering your account

Detailed instructions and tutorial videos for creating your employer account are posted on our reporting page

What do I do if my UBI is not found?

Make sure the UBI you entered is correct. If you don't know your business's UBI number, you can look it up on the Department of Revenue website at If you entered the correct UBI and your business still isn't coming up, contact the Customer Care Team for help.

What do I do if someone is already linked to the account?

Someone from your organization already registered your Paid Family and Medical Leave employer account. Contact your organization's account administrator to gain access.

What do I do once I receive my PIN?

When you receive your PIN, you will need to log-in to SecureAccess Washington (SAW) and select the Paid Family and Medical Leave service to access your account. Once you're in Paid Family and Medical Leave, follow the same steps as you did before: click "Create an Account", enter your UBI, confirm your business's legal entity name, and enter your PIN. Please note that once you enter the PIN, you will become the administrator for the account. No one else from your organization will be able to access the account until you grant them access.

What do I do if I haven't received my PIN?

It may take five to seven business days for your PIN to be delivered to your business's mailing address. If it's been more than seven days, you can log-in to your account and request a new PIN be sent. You can submit quarterly reports and make payments by logging in with limited access using the link provided at the bottom of the page where you request a new PIN.

I am a limited access user and I am no longer able to access by business account. What do I do?

It is possible someone else from your organization received your PIN and successfully completed the account registration process. You will need to contact the administrator from your organization to regain access to the account.

Can I register multiple business accounts?

Yes, you can register as an authorized user to multiple employer and employer agent business accounts. Use the 'Add/Switch Account' button on the top right corner of the screen to restart the registration process for a separate business.

Once I complete the PIN process for my account, can someone else also complete the PIN process for the same account?

No. Once the PIN process is complete, your business account is fully registered. You become the administrator for the account and no other users can complete the registration process. To add additional users to the account, you need to grant them access by selecting "User Maintenance" under the "Manage Account" tab on the menu bar.

I overpaid. When will I get a refund or credit?

If you have requested a refund, we are currently working on processing these requests. If your overpayment was less than $50, the amount will be applied as a credit toward your next quarter payment.

Why did my bank reject my ACH payment?

Because we are a new program, some banks have been rejecting ACH payments to us in testing. You can ensure your bank will process your payment by calling them and providing them the filter information that allows them to identify us as an authorized transaction: Company ID: 1916001099 and Company name: PAID FAMILY MED.

Employer agent account FAQs

Coming soon!